After admiring the beautiful Andean landscape through the south bound highway, we arrive to the Quilotoa Zone, our first stop will be in the “Shalalá” overlook which you would recognized by its transparent structure. There we will be able to admire the beautiful Quilotoa Lagoon with its incredible turquoise waters.
What you will do
- Direct pick-up from your hostel or hotel in Quito to begin the trip to Quilotoa (exact time will depend on which neighborhood you are located in)
Pickups between 07h00 and 07h45
End of the tour between 18h30 and 19h00
- 3 hours from Quito is the Ilinizas Ecological Reserve where the turquoise lagoon, the Quilotoa, is located. On this one-day tour you can enjoy the culture and nature of the area.
- We will leave Quito early and take the Pan-American highway to the South, we will make a small stop to buy something to eat (food not included), to use the bathrooms and use the cash machine if required.
- We will make the first stop at the traditional house of Julián, here we will be able to appreciate the raising of the guinea pigs and the agriculture of the area.
- Then we will visit the community of Tigua, cradle of Naif art artists. In the gallery we can see the different articles made by hand. The paintings are hand painted on llama and sheepskin leather.
- On our way to Quilotoa we will visit the Toachi viewpoint, we will be able to enjoy the incredible landscapes.
- When we get to Quilotoa we will make the walk to the lagoon, there are other options of trails, according to the degree of difficulty and the weather we will take the best path.
- Then we will have time to enjoy a typical lunch in the area (food not included)
We will return to Quito enjoying the Andean moor landscape.
- Return to Quito, direct drop-off at your hotel/hostel in Quito.
- Private touristic transportation
- Pickups and drop off from hotel in Quito
- Bilingual guide
- Visit the community houses
- Visit Art Gallery in Tigua
- Visit Toachi viewpoint
- Entrance to Quilotoa
- Walk in the lagoon
What to bring
- Face mask
- Hiking shoes
$49 / person
$ 59 / person (3 PAX)
$ 75 / person (2 PAX)
$155 / person (1 PAX)