The Papallacta Hot Springs are just a few hours from the city of Quito. On our tour you can enjoy a full day of relaxation. The day begins with a visit to the lookout of the Papallacta Lagoon where you can admire the beautiful landscape and feel the cold of the moor, then continuing towards the tourist complex: “Termas de Papallacta” Spa. First, we will make a short but pleasant walk along the path “La Isla” to learn a little more about the flora and fauna of the place to later have some free-time to relax in the magical hot springs of the spa. At this time, you could also have your own lunch break, and then continue a day of relaxation until you return to Quito.
What you will do
- Direct pick-up from your hostel or hotel in Quito to begin the trip to Papallacta (exact time will depend on which neighborhood you are located in)
Pickups between 09h00 and 09h45
End of the tour 17h00
- Just 2 hours from Quito is the town of Papallacta, famous for its medicinal hot springs, located in the middle of the Andean moor where you can enjoy a relaxing day amidst the flora and fauna of the sector at the Termas Papallacta spa.
- Our first stop will be at the Papallacta lagoon. The Papallacta lagoon was formed after some natural events such as the eruption of the Antisana volcano. Currently, the waters of this lagoon are used to supply drinking water to the northern neighborhoods of the city of Quito.
- We will pass through the town of Papallacta and arrive at the Termas de Papallacta spa, in this place you can choose to take a walk on the island path to learn about the plants in the area or directly go to the thermal water pools.
- In this complex there are a variety of hot and cold water pools, here you will have free time to connect with nature.
- After the relaxing bath you will enjoy a local lunch, fried trout is the typical dish of the area. (lunch not included)
- Return to Quito, direct drop-off at your hotel/hostel in Quito.
- Private touristic transportation
- Pickups and drop off from hotel in Quito
- Bilingual guide
- Termas de Papallacta public pools
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Bath sandals
- Bathing suit
- Insect repellent
$ 59 / person (3 PAX)
$ 75 / person (2 PAX)
$155 / person (1 PAX)