Experience the culture, art and gastronomy of the northern area of Ecuador.
What you will do
- Direct pick-up from your hostel or hotel in Quito to begin the trip to Otavalo (exact time will depend on which neighborhood you are located in)
Pickups between 07h00 and 07h45
End of the tour 18h00
- Visit the main tourist attractions in the province of Imbabura where you can visit the largest Indigenous Market in Latin America in Otavalo.
- We will leave Quito early and take the Pan-American highway to the North.
- Our first stop will be in Cayambe, where we will visit one of the families that make the famous bizcochos with delicacy. Here we can discover the secrets of this traditional sweet.
- Then we will visit the viewpoint of Lake San Pablo and enjoy the calm of this place.
- On the way north we enter Peguche, a town of Otavaleños artists, here we will walk towards the waterfall of the same name and we will walk through the streets to observe the colorful murals.
- Then we will visit the house of Ñanda Mañachi and learn about the most used musical instruments in this area.
- Finally we will arrive at the Otavalo market to have free time to walk and buy all the variety of handicrafts that exist there.
- We will have free time for lunch and return to Quito enjoying the scenery.
- Return to Quito, direct drop-off at your hotel/hostel in Quito.
- Private touristic transportation
- Pickups and drop off from hotel in Quito
- Bilingual guide
- Visit biscuit factory
- Visit Mirador del Lago San Pablo
- Visit Peguche Waterfall
- Visit murals in Peguche
- Visit Ñanda Mañachi house
- Visit Otavalo Market
What to bring
- Trekking shoes
$49 / person
$ 59 / person (3 PAX)
$ 75 / person (2 PAX)
$155 / person (1 PAX)