Enjoy a total connection with nature; hammock by the pool to relax and meditate with the birds singing, and enjoy a beautiful sunset by the river.
What you will do
Transport Quito – Misahualli
Tourist Transport Quito – Suchipakari Quito – Suchipakari ; Suchipakari – Quito Can Be Hired For Additional Value.
Departure between 06h00 and 07h00 (40 USD for each way)
After arriving to the hotel, we will have lunch to later start trekking through our reserve in the middle of the jungle with our ingenious guide, who will share all his knowledge and experiences on one of our trails: “El Gran Cacique”, named after a very entertaining bird. Remember that we are inside the refuge, home to 262 species of birds, 162 species of amphibians & reptiles, 173 species of mammals. Also, we can observe and photograph us next to the protective giants of the forest like the giant Ceibo and the Higuerón strangulator. We will return to the hotel and before the sunset, we will cool down as we descend in buoys with life jackets from one of our beaches on the Pusuno River. Dinner and accommodation.
- After breakfast, we will head to the river, where we will start the excursion to one of the waterfalls. In the afternoon, after lunch, we will visit the Quichua Indigenous Community, we will share their music, ancestral dances, learn from their Shamanic customs and rituals; we will also take advantage of the craft workshop to buy souvenirs. When returning to the hotel, we will stop to feed the playful monkeys that live on the beach of Puerto Misahualli. Typical dinner and night walk.
- After breakfast, we will hike up to the Napo River, where we will enlist with our life jackets and sail in motorized canoes along the river, to the Animal Rescue Center, this is a great opportunity to observe animals endemic to the jungle, which in their natural state are quite difficult to find such as toucans, colorful parrots, macaws, different species of playful monkeys such as barizo, spider monkey, chichico of golden mantle and chorongo. In addition to the not so friendly as the intrepid jaguar, we will also find alligators in the marsh, the anaconda and boa constrictor, among others. We will have lunch (Box Lunch) along the river; then, on the Traps Trail we will hunt and learn from our guide how to assemble survival instruments using only the materials of the forest. Typical dinner and night walk.
- Chocolate Tour
After breakfast, we will enjoy our chocolate tour: With the cocoa beans collected in the region, a fun workshop where we will actively participate in the home process of chocolate making and tasting.
- Meals (from lunch on the first day to breakfast on the last day)
- Excursions and Activities
- Native Bilingual Guide (Spanish – English)
- Use of equipment for excursions: buoys, life jackets, rubber boots (size 35 to 44)
- Tourist Transport
- Other details not specified
What to bring
- Long and short sleeve clothing
- Bathing suit
- Trekking shoes
- Flips flops
- Bags for wet clothes
- Insect repellent
$ 330 1 bed (Price per person)
$ 220 Double or Twin Bed
(Price per person)
$ 220 Double or Twin Bed + Bed Couch
(Price per person)
$ 45 Per person by way