Mindo Day Trip
Visit the main tourist attractions of the cloud forest in Mindo.
Full Day Trip to Mindo
- We will make the pick-ups at several hotels located in the 3 main areas of Quito:
La Carolina Park, Plaza Foch, Plaza Grande
Pickups between 06h00 a 07h00 am
- If you want to be picked up from another point further away, we can do it with an additional payment, you have to write to us, and we will coordinate your boarding.
- Pick-ups are always reconfirmed until the night before the tour departure, if one day before the departure of the tour if you have not received the confirmation, you can write to WhatsApp 0983359-796.
- Our first stop will be in Nanegalito to buy something to eat. Here you can try local fruits and the traditional fry (food not included)
- We will continue our route with the green landscapes of the cloud forest and we will arrive at Mindo.
- We will visit the Butterfly Park, in this place, you will learn about the different species of butterflies that exist in Ecuador and you will be able to take pictures with them. (Entrance not included, price 8USD)
- Then we will continue our adventure and take the cable car to cross the cloud forest and we will arrive at the entrance of the Mindo Nambillo waterfall. (Entrance not included, price 8USD)
- We will take a walk to visit the Mindo-Nambillo waterfall, here you can take a bath and relax in nature.
- Free time for lunch. (Lunch not included, approximate value 5 USD)
- To end the day, we will do a chocolate tasting, you will love the mixture of flavors and you will learn about 100% Ecuadorian artisanal chocolate.
- Return to Quito for disembarkation in the same boarding places.
- Note: The order of the visits may vary according to weather conditions.
- Tourist transport
- Boarding and disembarking at hotels in Quito located in the three areas of Quito: La Carolina, Plaza Foch, Plaza Grande
- Bilingual guide
- Chocolate tasting
- Tickets: Butterfly Garden, Cable Car, Waterfall
- Extreme activities: canopy
- Bring with you:
- Trekking shoes
Recent travelers reviews
Lo pasamos genial! Tuvimos mucha suerte de tener a Mauro y Mauricio como nuestros guías!!! Lo pasamos realmente bien y tuvimos tiempo suficiente para subir al refugio de Cotopaxi y también se aseguraron de que fuéramos juntos!!! Había muy buena vibe! Nos gustó también mucho el sitio donde comimos y poder darle de comer a las Alpacas 🙂 muy recomendado!!!!
i would strongly recommend this day tour! our guide was amazing!! i learned so much the entire day. i would strongly recommend this day tour!!
Un viaje muy especial al Cotopaxi El tour fue muy completo e interesante, la ruta hacia el cotopaxi ofrece muchas vistas espectaculares y se consiguen excelentes fotos. La subida al cotopaxi es algo pesada pero nuestra guía Dany nos dió tips para que no fuera tan difícil y todo el tiempo nos esperaba si nos quedabamos atras, también nos contó mucha información sobre el Cotopaxi y los demás volcanes, además nos contó varias leyendas muy interesantes. Un tour muy recomendado sobre todo con Dany.
Beautiful day Enjoyable day. Tour guide arrived in time to pick us up and made sure we had everything we needed during the day. The walk into the crater was beautiful but if you're older, you'll need to take your time and watch your footing. Hiking sticks helped. Unless you are in peak condition, be sure to reserve a horse for the ride up. Even the 20 something's were breathing hard and resting a lot. I would definitely recommend this tour. Great company and very organized.
Una aventura El tour estuvo muy bien, con tiempo para adaptarse a la altura y demás. Lamentablemente el clima no ayudó ya que había mucho viento. Eso hizo que la subida al refugio fuera un poco más complicada. Igual, este hecho acrecentó el sentido de aventura (aunque no obtuve las mejores fotos del volcán). Al descenso nos encontramos con dos zorros. A la hora del almuerzo fuimos a un sitio donde uno podía alimentar a las llamas y a los patos. Muy completo todo.
Un día perfecto Originalmente había contratado dos tours con la empresa, pero lo pasé tan bien que agregué uno nuevo. El tour a Quilotoa estuvo genial. Muy completo y bien organizado. Muy buena comunicación previa a la salida. Además me olvidé los lentes de sol en la combi y al otro día me los llevaron a la recepción del hostal. Jess, la guía, fue fantástica. ¡Gracias Mauricio también (él encontró mis lentes)! Hermosos paisajes y tuve la oportunidad de subir a una mula para ahorrarme la subida empinada de Quilotoa.
Fun day on Cotopaxi! My family of 4 (youngest child 11) really enjoyed this tour. Josue was very enthusiastic and kind. The hike was definitely challenging due to altitude and cold wind, but the hot chocolate at the top was delicious and worth the hike. Lunch on the way home was also very good. Overall a great day.
Great Tour to Cotopaxi National Park - Irene was a fantastic tour guide! We recently took a tour to Cotopaxi from Quito (booked thru Viator) offered by the Quito Tour Bus company with extended family (party of nine so we had the van to ourselves). Irene was a fantastic guide for our tour. She kept the entire trip both fun and educational! We made a stop inside Cotopaxi National Park that allowed us to pick up the necessary outerwear to make the hike to Refugio José Rivas (our luggage hadn't arrived with us in Quito so we didn't have appropriate clothing for the hike). Once we got to the trailhead, not all of us wanted to hike to the Cotopaxi base camp (Refugio José Rivas) using the same trail and she did a great job of keeping an eye on both groups as we ascended (Pro Tip: Ascend using the switchback trail and descend using the more direct but steeper and looser trail just below the hut). We made a stop at the lagoon on the way out and then stopped for lunch (there were a number of options that we could try on the menu) and some of us tried eating guinea pig while others settled for chicken plates, etc. Great time! So glad we did the tour.
Exhilarating Hike to Cotopaxi Base Camp We had a beautiful day at Cotopaxi National Park, so that we were very fortunate in that. The views of Cotopaxi were stunning as we got closer. The hike to the Base Camp was challenging because of the high altitude. We began at the parking lot at 14,700' and reached the Refugio Jose Rivas at 15,953' to be exact. We are in our 60s and fit hikers and we were well acclimatized having been in Ecuador for 3 weeks before this tour. There were people who had just arrived in Ecuador who did not do well with the altitude and had to descend, so know yourself and be wise about the elevation. We wore hiking boots and used our poles, which helped a lot because much of the soil is soft and unstable. Otherwise, it was a short but exhilarating hike to the Camp - it took us 30 minutes. Others took longer and, as I said, some turned back. The weather was fabulous on our ascent but turned for the worse while we were at the Camp. The clouds came in and our descent was foggy and drizzly with little visibility. After the hike, we toured the museum and walked the lake and had a nice lunch. It was a great day and our guide, Josue, was fabulous and took great care of everyone.
Amazing tour Cotapaxi is amazing and a must visit - one of the most beautiful volcanos/mountains you could see let alone climb. The guide, tour company and group were just fabulous. Such personalized attention to detail and I cannot complement them enough. Thanks to my guide Jessica and our driver Freddy