Ingapirca Day Trip
Visit the most important pre-Columbian archaeological site in Ecuador. You will discover the place left by the Inca occupation in Ecuador.
Undoubtedly, the Ingapirca Archeological Complex is the biggest and best preserved in Ecuador. It lies deep in the dry sierras swept by the wind of the southern mountain range, 80 kilometers (48 miles) north of Cuenca and at 3,180 meters above sea level. You will observe attractive Andean landscapes and people in colorful dresses.
Full Day Trip to Ingapirca
- We will make the pick-ups at several hotels located in the city.
- If you want to be picked up from another point further away, we can do it with an additional payment, you have to write to us, and we will coordinate your boarding.
- Pick-ups are always reconfirmed until the night before the tour departure. If one day before the departure of the tour you have not received the confirmation, you can write to WhatsApp 0983359-796.
- This crucial archaeological center has stones perfectly carved and joined with natural mortar. Ceremonies and rituals of the Cañari-Inca culture were held here. It also had strategic-military purposes. A cemetery, solar observatories, roads, warehouses, priests’ apartments and an indigenous plaza integrate the ruins. Ingapirca offers us an incredible view of the past, coming to know the marvelous Cañari and Inca cultures.
- Free time to visit the Cañari Indigenous market full of handicrafts representative of this culture.
- This church of imposing size and curious architecture is embedded in the hill Zhalao and is the sanctuary of the Virgen del Rocío. The church has a history that combines the mestizo Catholic beliefs with the mythical cañaris.
- Return to Cuenca for disembarkation in the same boarding places.
- Note: The order of the visits may vary according to weather conditions.
- Tourist Transport
- Bilingual Guide (Spanish – English)
- Other details not specified
- Ingapirca entrance (6USD)
- Bring with you:
- Trekking shoes