Cuenca Day Trip
Visit one of the main cities of Ecuador, surrounded by rivers, a pleasant climate and friendly people. Walk through the churches, squares and streets that make up its historic center, the declared cultural heritage of humanity.
Cuenca City Tour
- This complete visit to the beautiful Cuenca includes places such as the picturesque and traditional Barrio of San Sebastián, the Museum of Modern Art, Calderón Park (central park), the Flower Plaza, the Sagrario Cathedral (Old Cathedral), and the Immaculate Conception Cathedral (New Cathedral), considered the largest in Latin America.
- Visit one of the most impressive art collections in Ecuador. You will be delighted with representative collections of paintings, sculptures and works of art awarded in several biennial competitions.
- The Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception, whose construction dates back to 1882, is considered a symbol of the city’s religious architecture and one of the greatest works in all of Latin America. Its gothic, romanesque, and Renaissance style stands out in its interior for its colorful stained glass and its details in gold leaf and marble.
- A large outdoor flower market is considered one of the best places to enjoy the aromas and colors of flowers. Flowers of all varieties and colors are displayed in dozens of stalls in the Plaza, surrounded by friendly sellers.
- The Tomebamba River Ravine comprises 2 kilometers from the El Vado Bridge to the Huayna Capac Av. It has a spectacular view of the Tomebamba River, where you can find coffee shops and restaurants to enjoy a delicious evening.
- The natural lookout at Cuenca’s Heights offers a spectacular view of the entire city. It encloses a church with its square bearing the same name. The place is sculpted in stone and is embedded in the mountain.
- Manufacturing toquilla thatch hats is a tradition, transformed into art, in Ecuador. This factory is more than 60 years old, not only functions as a factory but also as a museum. Here, we can contemplate and appreciate the process of production and textures of traditional hats.
- Tourist Transport
- Bilingual Guide (Spanish – English)
- All Entrances
- Other details not specified
- Bring with you:
- Trekking shoes