Baños Day Trip
Baños de Agua Santa is one of the most beautiful and visited tourist destinations in Ecuador, this city is located between the central Andes and the Amazon of Ecuador, this geographical location allows tourists to contemplate the natural attractions and enjoy the adrenaline rush practice adventure activities.
Full Day Trip to Baños
- We will make the pick-ups at several hotels located in the 3 main areas of Quito:
La Carolina Park, Plaza Foch, Plaza Grande
Pickups between 06h00 a 07h00 am
- If you want to be picked up from another point further away, we can do it with an additional payment, you have to write to us, and we will coordinate your boarding.
- Pick-ups are always reconfirmed until the night before the tour departure, if one day before the departure of the tour if you have not received the confirmation, you can write to WhatsApp 0983359-796.
- We begin our journey south along the Pan-American highway, we will make the first stop in Machachi where you can enjoy a delicious breakfast (Breakfast not included), there are several options that you can buy, as well as snacks and drinks for the road, since lunch it will be late in the afternoon.
- At this stop you can also use the bathrooms and the ATM. It is preferable to carry cash to make the payment in restaurants and craft shops since most do not accept payment by credit card.
- After this stop we will begin our journey to the South, if the weather favors we can make a stop to try the delicious Salcedo ice cream, made with local fruits, we invite you to try it to get to know one of the Ecuadorian favorite sweets (ice cream not included).
- Our adventure begins on the Waterfalls Route, on our journey to the Devil’s Cauldron waterfall we will observe some waterfalls such as Agoyán and the Manto de la Novia, on this route we will make a stop to fly over the Pastaza River on a cable car and we will arrive as close as possible to the Manto de la Novia waterfall that is 40 meters high, in this activity we are going to enjoy the landscape and the adrenaline.
- After this visit we will continue on our way to the main attraction, the Devil’s Cauldron waterfall.
- The Devil’s Cauldron waterfall is one of the most spectacular waterfalls in Ecuador and South America, it has a waterfall of 80 meters high with three waterfalls that due to their force when falling form an impressive swirl of water.
Surely its name catches your attention, this mysterious name refers to the shape of the cauldron that has been carved into the rock over time by the force of falling water.
- At this stop you will be able to see this impressive waterfall up close and if you decide you can get wet underwater from the viewpoint, there is no access to the river since its waters are very strong, but after visiting this waterfall we are sure that you will leave recharged with positive energy .
- Optional stop
- On our tour we will observe several extreme activities and we will be able to make an optional stop so that you can do activities such as: zip line or canopy, extreme swing, bungee jumping, extreme bridge and many more.
- The tickets to these activities are not included in the tour, but you can define in the place which activity you want to do.
- Finally we will make a stop for lunch in a restaurant in the area, with various options from tourist menus to typical dishes, we recommend you try the delicious trucha or tilapia, these fishes are very common in this area. (Lunch not included).
- In our last stop we will visit the Tree House, also known as The Swing at the End of the World. Initially, this swing was built to monitor the volcanic activity of the Tungurahua volcano after its first eruption in 1999. Since then and over the years it has become a mandatory stop to observe the volcano and the city of Baños.
- Return to Quito for disembarkation in the same boarding places.
- Note: The order of the visits may vary according to weather conditions.
- Touristic transportation
- Pickups and drop off from the hotel in Quito in the three main areas
- Bilingual guide (English and Spanish)
- Entrance to the cable car
- Entrance to Devil’s Cauldron waterfall
- Entrance to the End of the world swing
- Extreme activities (Prices may vary between 15 usd to 20 usd each activity per person)
- Unspecified details
- Wear light clothing, in layers and bring a sweater for the return, walking shoes, glasses, water, a cap, a rain poncho or additional clothing in case you decide to get wet in the Pailón del Diablo.
- Bring a copy or photo of your passport.
Recent travelers reviews
Tour a Quilotoa! Realizamos el tour a Quilotoa con Best Trip Ecuador y fue una excelente decisión. El lugar es hermoso, el recorrido lleno de paisajes bellos y una visita grata a la casa de don Julian, sin embargo lo mejor de este tour fue nuestra guía IRENE que con su carisma y personalidad demuestra pasión y amor por su país y por su trabajo. Irene te explica cada detalle con paciencia y dedicación, recomiendo 100% este tour.
Great Trip to Cotopaxi The trip was amazing!! I loved how engaging Veronica was and how we got many opportunities to stop, take pictures and hang out as a group!
Fantastic value! Challenging hike, but the satisfaction was worth the effort. Jessy was an amazing, knowledgeable, and very patient guide. I was fortunate to be with a great group of people, and we had a wonderful day.
Just do it! It's AMAZING! Best day ever on my trip! Jessica was out guide for 9 people on the tour and she rocked! She gave lots of details and history about Quito, Cotopaxi and the volcanoes around the area. Silvio was our driver. Kudos to his fabulous driving skills. Hiking up Cotopaxi was by far the hardest thing I have done. With hiking pokes, altitude, rain and much wind i had to stop multiple times to catch my breath and Jessica was amazing on motivating me to do it. It was a beautiful day with great views. Plus we saw over 200 wild horses, wild deer, birds native to the area and a native fox met all of us at the parking lot. Topped off with a great lunch and for me a chance to see an alpaca and Llama. I highly recommend this tour with Quito Bus Tours.
Great guide, amazing views. Very nice and friendly tour guide. The hike was challenging but he was helpful and patient with me. I definitely recommend this day tour for some great views.
Adrian was a legend,highly recommended!! Fantastic experience with Adrian,great guy so knowledgeable and friendly highly recommended and the tour was very well organised
Stunning experience at Cotopaxi! Had an amazing day with Adrian as our guide.We firstly visited the cotopaxi museum and after an interesting tour we continued our trip to the vulcano. Adrian perfectly led us to the Jose Rivas Refuge and looked after everyone in the group. After reaching the top we had a hot choco and continued to descend. The views were stunning! The trip was closed by a visit to Laguna Limpiopungo and a late lunch at a nearby hacienda. Would totally recommend this trip!
Amazing Day Tour with Adrian This was a wonderful day adventure. The tour started in Quito. We have been picked up at our Hostel. They arrived at time and we didn‘t had to wait any minute.Adrian, our guide, was very knowledgeable and caring.His explanations and well-chosen stops helped everyone prepare for the hike. We stopped at the interpretation center and Adrian gave a guided tour there.Adrian led the hike on Cotopaxi and made sure every group member had measured their physical preparation and was safe in the weather and environment.He was caring about everyone during the around 1 hour hike and made breaks when we needed.The lunch stop was a cute small restaurant with tasty food!Highly recommend our tour guide Adrian (he speaks flawless English and Spanish).
Breathtaking, challenging, and great company! What an amazing experience. Very well scheduled tour with an amazing Crew! It got to a point that it didn't even matter that the weather was not on our side, because anywhere you look, will take your breath away (the altitude helps). Tour guide Jessica was extremely friendly and knowledgeable, offering us a great informative experience!
Una experiencia inolvidable Desde el inicio Verónica y el conductor, fueron muy cálidos, en el trayecto Verónica nos fue explicando todo con muchos detalles y en ambos idiomas (español e inglés) al llegar al Parque Nacional Cotopaxi la experiencia fue alucinante, el camino demanda su sacrificio y me encantó que cuando por algunas circunstancias nos quedabamos atrás ella siempre nos esperaba y nos daba ánimos igualmente nos daba tips para hacerlo más llevadero!! También cuando necesitábamos algunas fotos siempre estaba dispuesta ❤️❤️❤️Recomendado al 100% Gracias Verónica y Carlos por mostrarnos su país de una manera tan maravillosa!